Tuesday 25 September 2012

Goodwood Revival

Hello Everyone.

Sorry, a shoulder injury and a tummy bug has kept me away for a while.  I am slowly getting better but still need to rest my shoulder a couple more weeks. Ah, how inconvenient not having use of my arms all the time (having taken them for granted all my life)!

Just before I injured my shoulder (falling off a bike...), Rob, my husband and I went to the Gooldwood Revival Meeting. I have been before and love it so much.
On our wedding day last September, Rob's Godfather (also called Rob) couldn't attend since he was working for the event as one of the organisers. However, he made up for it by inviting us to Goodwood this year.

We saw many beautiful vintage cars, races, market stalls, air shows and above all, a wonderful mix of people dressed in 50s and 60s vintage clothes.  So elegant!







I wore a 50s vintage dress which I'd first worn at the end of our wedding (the primary wedding dress being a vintage Kimono.) I coordinated the dress with a white cardigan and a vintage lace head dress.
Rob wore a brown/green tweed jacket, a red buttoned up Fred Perry polo shirt, brown chords and black leather shoes.      

The weather was perfect - sunny and clear blue skies, illuminating a wonderful day out.

Enjoy the autumn and all the beauty and colours it brings!





No comments:

Post a Comment